Palestine- Location & History:
☺What is the
►Definition: PWLS is an active and professional NGO, and Non profit organization working in research and Education / awareness in Nature Conservation (Conservation Education) among the Palestinian Society and the region.
►Beliefs & Philosophy: “Think Globally, Act Locally.” That is the conservation philosophy that the PWLS stresses on nowadays.
believes that Conservation Education is the main pillar in the
conservation movement. Therefore it has worked intensively in the field of
awareness and education with different sections. A result of its success was the
inclusion of environmental studies in the national education curriculum and was
part of the National Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan for
☺Headquarters and Funds:
The headquarters of
PWLS is in Beit Sahour (Bethlehem District), in cooperation with three
organizations working in different districts and Locations in
1. Palestinian Organization for the Protection of the Environment/ Jenin.
Association/ Dier Al-Baleh-
Commission for the
Promoting of Tourism in the Government of
4. PARC… and other Ministries & Governmental organizations: Agriculture, Tourism, Education & Environmental Quality Authority, etc, in addition to local environmental networks in villages and towns.
“The Conservation and Enhancement of Palestinian Biodiversity & Wildlife.”
The following objectives are being established:
1. Conservation and management of native species and habitats.
2. Education and promotion of wildlife and nature.
3. Active participation and involvement of local communities in the Conservation Movement, sustainable development, eco tourism, including the Desertification Convention and Food Security.
4. Monitoring and promoting important bird areas.
5. Helping animals and farms.
Programs of the
“Nature Conservation Program”:
Research & Monitoring of Birds in
a. Global endangered & threatened bird species.
b. Migratory bird species routs.
c. Important Biodiversity Research Conservation Program.
Establishment of Wildlife Monitoring Stations. Stations in some sites
include: BeitJala/Wadi Makhror, Hebron/Wadi Masafer,
Ø Capacity building: Training of local and regional ecologists on Nature Conversation & Management.
Ø Education and Promotion Program:
Education and promotion of Wildlife, Habitats, and Environmental Human Rights
through the Eco Club activities the whole year round such as the
Environmental Summer/Winter Camps,
b- Production of Printing Materials including Posters, Magazines and Video films, etc.
c- Inclusion of Wildlife Conservation in National Curriculum for the Palestinian Schools (grades 7-10).
in the Palestinian Society.
Ø Desertification: controlling and decreasing this phenomenon through controlling overgrazing and forestation of the different areas with native plants (working with Food Security & Land Reclamation programs).
a) Nature Multi Media Division: This division is specialized in preparing and producing environmental and awareness means and tools such as Video Films, informational CD’s, TV episodes and documentaries and other media production means, which cover issues concerning the environment, conservation, biodiversity and nature protection.
b) Marketing Division: This division is specialized in covering the process of finding funding agencies, keeping track of the progress of each project, to ensure the implementation of the criteria of each project.
This section is dedicated to enhance and spread environmental education and
awareness among the local communities all over the
3. Field Survey of Wildlife Research: This Section is dedicated to work that has to do with conducting monitoring and survey activities to wildlife and nature. Giving a complete study on endangered species and list it in a scientific way, migration routs, biodiversity, and monitoring environmental phenomenon.
4. Animal Welfare Unit: This Section is dedicated to work that has to do with helping the animal farms activities, giving complete support and rehabilitation.
Palestine Wildlife Society with accredited status with the UNCCD- United Nations
This Page Is Best Viewed at
Send mail to
Laith Hazim Qumsiyeh
) with questions or comments about this web site.