Who We Are
What is Palestine Wildlife Society? (PWLS)
PWLS is an active and professional NGO and non-profit organization working in research and education in nature conservation among the Palestinian society and the region.
The conservation and enhancement of Palestinian biodiversity & wildlife.
- Conservation and management of native species and habitats.
- Monitoring and promoting important bird areas.
- Education and promotion of wildlife and nature.
- Active participation and involvement of local communities in the conservation movement, sustainable development, eco- tourism.
- Helping animals and farms.
Think Globally, Act Locally
PWLS believes that conservation education is the main pillar in the conservation movement. Therefore it has worked intensively in the field of awareness and education with different sections. A result of its success was the inclusion of environmental studies in the national education curriculum. PWLS was also part of the National Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan for Palestine in conjunction with the Ministry of Environmental Affairs.
Working today for conservation tomorrow
History of PWLS
In 1998, a group of ten men realized they wanted to raise environmental awareness in their region. They decided to form their own environmental organization, the first of its kind in the area. Their dream came to fruition in 1999 with the official establishment of their organization called Palestine Wildlife Society. Since the beginning, PWLS has strongly focused on developing clear and strategic objectives regarding environmental educational concepts and conservation of nature and biodiversity. This Society has proved to be both dedicated and effective in its objective of raising environmental and wildlife awareness.
1. Yacoub Hana Qumsiyeh - Beit Sahour
2. Imad Fouad Atrash - Beit Sahour
3. Amer Atiyya Salim Kanaan - Jenin
4. Shawqi Issa Jadallah Hawwash - Beit Sahour
5. Michael George Michael Abu Ghazaleh - Ramallah
6. Nadia Khoudary - Gaza
7. Aida Wadee' Jabra Abu Mohor - Beit Jala
8. Ibrahim Fawzi Odeh - Beit Sahour
9. Osama Zeidan El Jubeh - Hebron
10. Jala' Sadeq AlQaroot - Jenin